Re: Sawfish doesn't work properly with keybindings while using non-us keyboard layout

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:07:14PM +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> GSR - FR <famrom infernal-iceberg com> writes:
> > If I understand what you are talking about, src/keys.h has up to
> > Button9Mask, for example Button6Mask (1<<13) so 0x2000 (there is a
> > patch to add buttons 10-13).
>
> These additions seem bogus.  There is not even room to extend beyond
> Button7Mask because of the AnyModifier value.  Although X.org
> generates press and release events for apparently any number of mouse
> buttons, it seems to set state bits only for the first five, i.e.,
> those defined in X11/X.h.

Well, 'man mousedrv' says:

       Option "Buttons" "integer"
              Specifies  the number of mouse buttons.  In cases where the num-
              ber of buttons cannot be auto-detected, the default value is  3.
              The maximum number is 24.

and also

       Option "ButtonMapping" "N1 N2 [...]"
              Specifies  how physical mouse buttons are mapped to logical but-
              tons.  Physical button 1 is mapped to logical button N1,  physi-
              cal button 2 to N2, and so forth.  This enables the use of phys-
              ical   buttons    that    are    obscured    by    ZAxisMapping.
              Default: "1 2 3 8 9 10 ...".

I did have seen mice which generate those "higher button" events and
a software using that. "ZAxisMapping" is for wheel motion and four buttons
are taken aside for mice with two wheels (with 4 and 5 mapped by default).

   Michal