Re: Sawfish doesn't work properly with keybindings while using non-us keyboard layout

On 11/20/07, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> wrote:
> > Yes, in my opinion it's not really correct, because X server (in
> > particular xkb) uses the same keysum for modifiers in any keyboard
> > layout. So why sawfish distinguishes between them?
>
> there is an extra layer over it - each keyboard symbol is assigned a
> meaning. It's the meaning that changes when you change the keyboard
> laout. Sawfish reads the meaning, not the position of the key on
> the keyboard. Try running 'xev' and looking at the terminal output.
> You will see what is the real difference between said keys.

Ok. Probably you have not truly understood me (or a you).
well..

$ xev | grep Alt_L
    state 0x8, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES, ##
In US layout
    state 0x2000, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES,
## In Russian layout
As I see they differ only state. Keysum and keycode do not differ.

In sawfish key grab is Alt_L+Tab:
In US layout: M-TAB
In Russian layout: M-Button-6-TAB

In my opinion Alt should have same value (as in some other WM/DE).

--
With best regards, Alex A. Smirnov
mailto: sceptic13 gmail com