Fwd: Sawfish doesn't work properly with keybindings while using non-us keyboard layout

On 11/21/07, Andrea Vettorello <andrea vettorello gmail com> wrote:
> > Ok. Probably you have not truly understood me (or a you).
> > well..
> >
> > $ xev | grep Alt_L
> >     state 0x8, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES, ##
> > In US layout
> >     state 0x2000, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES,
> > ## In Russian layout
> > As I see they differ only state. Keysum and keycode do not differ.
> >
> > In sawfish key grab is Alt_L+Tab:
> > In US layout: M-TAB
> > In Russian layout: M-Button-6-TAB
> >

> Ah, i didn't got you before.
>
> How do you switch keyboard layout? I restarted Sawfish after modifying
> the layout in xorg.conf, putting "ru" in the InputDevice section, and
> creating a keybinding with Alt (both left and right) works as
> expected, no spurious keysym.

InputDevice section from my xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
    Option         "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option         "XkbLayout" "us,ru"
    Option         "XkbVariant" "ru"
    Option         "XkbOptions" "grp:rctrl_rshift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

Also i use xxkb for switching layout.

--
With best regards, Alex A. Smirnov