Re: Sawfish doesn't work properly with keybindings while using non-us keyboard layout

On Nov 20, 2007 6:37 PM, Alex Smirnov <sceptic13 gmail com> wrote:

> Ok. Probably you have not truly understood me (or a you).
> well..
>
> $ xev | grep Alt_L
>     state 0x8, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES, ##
> In US layout
>     state 0x2000, keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L), same_screen YES,
> ## In Russian layout
> As I see they differ only state. Keysum and keycode do not differ.
>
> In sawfish key grab is Alt_L+Tab:
> In US layout: M-TAB
> In Russian layout: M-Button-6-TAB

Ah, i didn't got you before.

How do you switch keyboard layout? I restarted Sawfish after modifying
the layout in xorg.conf, putting "ru" in the InputDevice section, and
creating a keybinding with Alt (both left and right) works as
expected, no spurious keysym.

Now, if i try to change layout using the Gnome keyboard applet and
creating again a keybinding with Alt, i've your same result, Alt-Tab
gives M-Button6-TAB. The same thing happens with the Italian layout...

--
Andrea