Re: Sawfish doesn't work properly with keybindings while using non-us keyboard layout

On Nov 20, 2007 9:46 AM, Alex Smirnov <sceptic13 gmail com> wrote:
> On 11/20/07, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> wrote:

[...]

> > 1. you think it's not right that after change of keyboard layout you
> > need to change bindings?
>
> Yes, in my opinion it's not really correct, because X server (in
> particular xkb) uses the same keysum for modifiers in any keyboard
> layout. So why sawfish distinguishes between them?

The right and left Alt keys have different keycodes (try with xev or
search in your /usr/share/X11/xkb dirs), and when using a different
layout than US, for example Italian, the right Alt is called AtlGr and
is used to insert the 3rd glyph associated to a key (and under X the
keysym associated is ISO_Level3_Shift).

To be sure i've checked with Metacity, and with an Italian layout
enabled, Alt-Tab works only with left Alt
key, with Sawfish you have the added benefit that you can use the
right Alt too... ^__^

--
Andrea