Re: Gnome pager [WAS: Re: reviving sawfish development.]

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
On date Thursday 2007-06-28 20:29:05 +1000, Allan Duncan opened this window:
Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Allan> A bit off the topic, but I notice that debian lists
Allan> "sawfish-pager" in its packages.  I rather like pager, with its
Allan> viewports onto a single workspace.  Unfortunately pager (0.6)
Allan> does not dock with newer versions of gnome and, like sawfish,
Allan> development is moribund.

If you use gnome, what's wrong with the gnome pager?

I think the sawfish pager is intended for anti-gnome diehards like me. :)
If you can tell me how to find gnome pager in gnome V2.18, please do.
It exists in gnome V1.4

It's a gnome-panel applet, so you're supposed to run that. So if you
don't use gnome-panel you could need a sawfish pager or another
standalone pager instead.

I have grepped the gnome sources (2.18) of all the likely components, and the
word "pager" is not in any of them.  I do run the panel, but I gather that
gnome has become less and less flexible.