Re: Gnome pager [WAS: Re: reviving sawfish development.]

Allan Duncan said:     (by the date of Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:00:56 +1000)

> I have grepped the gnome sources (2.18) of all the likely components, and the
> word "pager" is not in any of them.  I do run the panel, but I gather that
> gnome has become less and less flexible.

I'm a gnome hater. My hate started fervently when I decided to stop
using gnome 1.4 and switch to new version. The new version was so
extremly limited that stopped using it. It was about 4 or 5 years ago.

Now with rox+sawfish I have reached my total desktop nirvana ;)

Speaking about pager applets - I'm using rox pager. It understands
viewports perfectly - I have 1 desktop and 4*6=24 viewports.
It's only limitation is that it doesn't allow to move windows within
a single viewport by dragging in the pager.

  http://rox.sourceforge.net/desktop/Pager

But this pager runs inside rox panel. So if you want to give it a
try, you better install rox-all, start using rox-session, etc...

I'm however not using 0install feature of rox, I prefer to install from
tarballs. But you may enjoy this feature also.