[sabayon] Scripting Sabayon [WAS: Re: configure error dapper-drake]

On 1/11/07, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu randomink org> wrote:
On 12/26/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> El dom, 24-12-2006 a las 01:18 +0530, Chakkaradeep C C escribió:

<..snipped>

> I haven't seen any documentation on the code, but it would be great to
> have.  In the future it should be possible for sysadmins to script some
> of Sabayon's functionality (say, by using a Python module).  If you want
> to get started with this documentation, it would be fantastic! :)

<..snipped>

Regarding the documentation for sysadmins, I guess, some basic
documentation on how to apply a profile to a particular user using
sabayon.userdb and sabayon.util from a python script may be a good
beginning :-). I'll try to put something in the wiki ASAP.

Here's some intial level documentation:
http://live.gnome.org/PythonSabayon
Right now there's not much to see - just a hack over sabayon-apply,
but people are welcome to contribute ideas/scripts/etc.

Thanks,
Sayamindu