RE: TV and iOS App PlugPlay cannot find rygel stream

Unfortunately, this didn't help :(

Then I would like to get a packet capture of the communication
between rygel + the tv/ipad and twonky + tv/ipad if possible.

I guess I can do this with wireshark, but how?

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Rygel/tcpdump, which works if you run on the host where the server runs.
To capture random traffic, you might need an old-fashioned hub or a managed switch that can do port
mirroring

Using a command of the form:

$ tcpdump -i eth0  -s 0  -w  rygel.pcap " (ip src 192.168.1.190  and  ip dst 192.168.1.107)  or  (ip dst
192.168.1.190  and  ip src 192.168.1.107)"

..I collected packets from rygel on the RPi and the Naim streamer, TV and iOS App PlugPlay - see attached.

The TV capture did not find any packets - the TV has no "scan for UPnP server" feature, but the RPi3 MAC
address is listed as "allowed to connect"

I issued a "refresh" command in PlugPlay for one capture session and manually entered the RPi3 rygel server
address in another session - after issuing a "save address" command, rygel does not appear in the PlugPlay
available servers menu (twonky is found automatically)