Re: Rygel v0.28.2 on Fedora 23/pulseaudio - using Kodi as Renderer fails

+List

Looking into the samsung seeking bug thread, it seems that there is no workaround possible in Rygel's side right? meaning this has to be fixed in Kodi and until then rygel won't be able to stream to it?

For reference though, I have DLNA streaming to kodi working OK from my linux desktop using "pulseaudio-dlna" - I can send to kodi any desktop application stream, the only problem is that lossless FLAC encoding doesn't work (so it's useless from an audiophile point of view, if you rely on wi-fi like I do), but it does work with MP3 and OggEnc and WAV, so somehow the bug does not affect them. I understand that pulseaudio-dlna's usecase is different, it acts as a DLNA controller and it discovers and 'pushes' the stream into Kodi, but still it may be a useful reference.
Let me know if it would help capturing logs or wireshark traces for the use cases that work.

Here's their github link: https://github.com/masmu/pulseaudio-dlna

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:
CCing list,

> If you could please post in the list once your code needs testers.
> Looking forward to some lossless streaming :)

Half-fixed on master, problem is that Kodi has then the same seeking
bug as Samsung I mentioned two weeks ago on list.