Re: Serving static files via GstLaunch ?

CCing list

Thanks for the reply and bugfix to my question.  Sorry I haven't
checked back, I've been busy working on other projects.

What rygel version is the bugfix going into ?

Should be 0.29.2, but at latest 0.30.

What bytes is the TV looking for  and why would it be at the end of
the file ?   What if we feed it a TS file instead of an mkv ?

Might work better, TS is made for streaming. Unfortunately I didn't
have a file ready to test that.

I don't know what it looks for, it just downloaded random bytes across
the MKV file when I tried serving it from a "normal" rygel back-end.

I'm trying to serve a TS stream from a tuner box to my TVs via
upnp.   I'm using upnp because my TVs (all Samsung) can directly
receive upnp without an external TV box.   My newer TVs don't appear
to be able to receive RTSP or UDP.
Any ideas on how to make this work ?   It would be a very valuable
application if we can make it work.

The TS stream is served via RTSP?
Basically, that's what gnome-dvb-daemon used to do. Use rygel's DBus
interface (so-called "external" plugin) to forward RTSP ts streams
through rygel.

There are several ways to do this, GstLaunch might not be the best one.
Are you comfortable in any programming language?