Re: ps3 issues

Hi,

2009/6/19 Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique ferreiro gmail com>:
>>   Yeah, it's already on my todo list but I was more thinking of
>> merging (and adapting) code from libdlna to gupnp-av to replace the
>> existing DLNA PN guessing code. The author libdlna has also shown his
>> willingness for this.
>
> Do you have a timeline for this?

  Not really.

>> > Related to this, I found that the PS3 recognizes mpeg files as DLNA
>> > compliant and doesn't tell Rygel to transcode them. Where in Rygel
>> > sources is this handled?
>>
>>   You mean which part handles these requests? rygel-seekable-response.vala
>
> The problem I have is that mpg files are streamed without transcoding to
> the PS3. On the other hand, avi files are transcoded. I would assume
> that the PS3 can recognize dlna compliant files but mp4 files are also
> transcoded. How can I find out what is going on?

  I don't know but i guess you'll want to look at the DIDL xml being
generated by Rygel and read the code? It could be just gupnp-av unable
to guess the DLNA profile for avi.

>> > The problem seems to be that the default bitrate for ffenc_mpeg2video is
>> > very low (300kbps). I changed it to 3Mbps and it improved a lot.
>>
>>    Oh? I'll try it tonight and fix that if it helps me as well.
>
> I saw you had trouble with a very high bitrate. Doing some tests, it
> seems that the maximum bitrate allowed is 8668kbps.

  Thanks for finding that out of me. Is currently bitrate (3M) working
well for you now?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)