ps3 issues

Hi!

I have a PS3 and the experience with Rygel isn't the best possible so
far:

Transcoded videos are always resized to 640x480, even 720p media. I saw
there are implemented two profiles: MPEG_TS_SD_US and MPEG_TS_HD_US,
shouldn't the second one be selected is the original resolution exceeds
SD resolution?

Also, couldn't the files be transcoded with theirs original resolution?
I think that ps3 media server does that (at least the media doesn't
appear resized)

Trying to be even more general, couldn't Rygel select which stream has
to ben transcoded depending on the supported formats? This ps3 media
server also does that. It seems a waste of computing power to transcode
h264 and ac3 to mpeg2 when only remuxing to mpegts is necessary.

Other concern I have is the quality of the transcoded media. The files I
tried were much worse when streamed. I think the gstreamer pipeline
should be tuned to fix this. What is very strange related to this is
that, when I tried to copy a file, it was very slow (300kbps approx.).
If quality is so bad, I think this should go much faster.

I have some other worries but I think for now these are enough. If you
can guide me on some of these issues, I would love to help with fixing
them.

Thanks in advance.

--
Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique ferreiro gmail com>