Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Discussion as to whether community based external plugins could/should be in the official source-tree

Hmmm...well that means it also depends on which licenses plugin developers would have to use. Is there a complete list available?

On Nov 2, 2013 12:05 a.m., "Bastien Nocera" <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 00:02 +0000, Donagh Horgan wrote:
> My plugins (comprising three of the list David compiled) are GPLv3.
> I'm not sure of the technical implications of including these in the
> distribution, but it would be extremely convenient from both a user
> and plugin maintenance perspective. I suppose the question is whether
> the change would shift an equivalent (or larger) responsibility on to
> the Rhythmbox developers and whether they'd be happy to accept it.

Distributions wouldn't be able to ship it, because the licenses are
incompatible.