Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Discussion as to whether community based external plugins could/should be in the official source-tree

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 00:02 +0000, Donagh Horgan wrote:
My plugins (comprising three of the list David compiled) are GPLv3.
I'm not sure of the technical implications of including these in the
distribution, but it would be extremely convenient from both a user
and plugin maintenance perspective. I suppose the question is whether
the change would shift an equivalent (or larger) responsibility on to
the Rhythmbox developers and whether they'd be happy to accept it.

Distributions wouldn't be able to ship it, because the licenses are
incompatible.