Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] DACP (iTunes remote) support added

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 01:50 +0100, Peter wrote:
>> +       if (g_ascii_strncasecmp(uri, "file://", 7) == 0) {
>> +               /* Need to remove file:// and unencode it, e.g. %20 to
>> space */
>> +               cover = g_strdup(g_filename_from_uri(uri, NULL,
>> NULL));
>> +       }
> This will leak the output of g_filename_from_uri(),

Yeah - I missed that. I was doing g_strdup(uri+7) to just strip the
file prefix, I should have removed the g_strdup when I switch to

> ... and it's not the way to get the URI.
> Use:
> file = g_file_new_for_uri (uri);
> cover = g_file_get_path (file);
> g_object_unref (file);
> This will make sure that SMB URIs will get a local path, through the
> gvfs fuse support.

That works too - although I have only tested it with local files so far,
When playing a file hosted on another server, the URI points to a
cover image in the ~/.cache/rhythmbox/covers directory.

Thanks for the helpful feedback Bastien.

However, after more testing, by handling only the now playing
request it seems sometimes the Remote application shows stale
artwork. This seems to be an issue when you select the track by
browsing artists/albums on the iPod (where we don't yet support
the covers), rather than just watching what RB is playing (e.g.
picking tracks on the computer) - that works well.

I think we're also going to have to implement the general cover art
request to make this more usable, i.e. requests which are currently
igrored: /databases/1/groups/162993416/extra_data/artwork
That will probably need work in libdmapsharing and the RB plugin.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]