Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] DACP (iTunes remote) support added

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Alexandre Rosenfeld wrote:

> Actually, I forgot I found a better solution ;) libdmapsharing uses
> gdk-pixbuf if present, while getting only a filename from Rhythmbox,
> it loads the image, resize and convert to PNG (take a look
> at dacp_share_ctrl_int in dacp-share.c). I think it's still a better
> solution then including it directly in the API, because it's easier
> to port to other platforms and still keep the dependencies low.

What about when the cover art isn't held as a simple image file
on disc? I'm thinking of embedded covers in the ID3 tags of an
mp3 file or similar.

However, if the cover art is an image file on disc (JPG, PNG,
etc) then RB can just give the filename to libdmapsharing and
it will shrink it (if needed) and turn it into PNG (if needed).
I've tried this by making rb_dacp_player_now_playing_artwork
return different hard coded filenames, and it works :)

I haven't quite managed to get the the entry metadata
RHYTHMDB_PROP_COVER_ART_URI from RB yet...
but this should be enough to support the DCAP request
/ctrl-int/1/nowplayingartwork.

Peter