Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] DACP (iTunes remote) support added

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 18:40, Peter <rhythmbox-devel maubp freeserve co uk> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> I'll just note that since you had that discussion (I'd expect some time
> this summer), gdk-pixbuf has been split from GTK+, and the library
> itself is 140k stripped on a 64 bit system. A 32-bit version would
> likely be smaller.

Interesting Bastien - that would make the plugin code simpler.

Alexandre - is this old libdmapsharing code with the GDKPixbuf
instance interface on a branch or something where I could look
at it?

Actually, I forgot I found a better solution ;) libdmapsharing uses gdk-pixbuf if present, while getting only a filename from Rhythmbox, it loads the image, resize and convert to PNG (take a look at dacp_share_ctrl_int in dacp-share.c). I think it's still a better solution then including it directly in the API, because it's easier to port to other platforms and still keep the dependencies low.

Regards,
Alexandre