Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling issues on debian (debian/changelog and debian/control)

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 15:08 +0200, giopas wrote:
> That means that Debian packagers (e.g. Loic Minier?) have manually
> edited the changelog in debian/ at the time of the packaging, but
> these changes have not been uploaded back to git (which - afaik - is
> the only version system used by rhythmbox, anymore). Is it right? How
> did they proceeded to compile it?

Not just the changelog, I bet most of the packaging has been updated
since 2003...

I don't think it's the usual procedure to contribute packaging scripts
upstream, but I could be wrong.

> I've just seen that even if rhythmbox-0.12.4.deb has not been uploaded
> in debian repositories [1]-[2] yet, its sources have already been
> uploaded [3], so that theoretically I could now use dh_make and the
> "rhythmbox_0.12.4.orig.tar.gz", or original tarball, to obtain the
> package. Isn't it?

0.12.4-1 has been uploaded, it might not just have been built everywhere
yet:

        $ rmadison rhythmbox
        [...]
         rhythmbox |   0.12.4-1 |      unstable | source, amd64, i386

You should be able to just "apt-get source rhythmbox=0.12.4-1" and build
it for yourself.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson