Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling issues on debian (debian/changelog and debian/control)

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 01:41 +0200, giopas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm (still) trying to compile in a "debian way" rhythmbox from
> sources. However I fund that debian/changelog is not up to date, so
> that built packages comes with a wrong version number (0.5.99+20030931
> instead of e.g. 0.12.4).
>
> Moreover, if I have a look at debian/control file and listed
> Build-Depends, I see that some packages are no more updated (I don't
> remember which ones exactly) or does not exist anymore (e.g.
> gstreamer-plugin-libs-dev and gstreamer-gconf).

The debian dir in Rhythmbox git is severely outdated and should probably
be removed, it's not used to build the debian packages.

Try grabbing the debian packaging from here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-gnome/packages/unstable/rhythmbox/debian/#_packages_unstable_rhythmbox_debian_
or use "apt-get source rhythmbox" and re-use the debian dir.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson