Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Classical Music or Audiobooks on Rhythmbox

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 16:59, Sol <solistic gmx net> wrote:
Eh, perhaps.  But this particular behavior is something I pretty much
expect from a spreadsheet format of data.  Call me crazy, but I'm used
to the Excel/Calc feature that lets me order and sub-order result sets.
 I'm also in the DB field, and this style of organization (and many
others) is a "freebie" with SQL.
I'd opt for making the search field more powerful, giving it, in one way or another, the full power off SQL-queries. This would not clutter the user interface (indeed i doubt there is a sensible way to map this to a WIMP interface, see my previous post). More over it covers all use cases and is more accessible.

Banshee recently implemented search exactly like that. More details here: http://gburt.blogspot.com/2008/01/howling-queries.html (and there are further links at the bottom).