Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Classical Music or Audiobooks on Rhythmbox

One more point. What exactly would be the result of clicking, in this
particular order, one after another, <Genre>, <Artist>, <Album>, <Artist>?

In SQL think, nothing.  The final <Artist> is superfluous since you've
already sorted by <Artist>.

The question is what would happen from a user interface perspective.  I
don't know?  Nothing?  Or perhaps that resets <Artist> to the
first-ordering column?  Both could make sense to me, especially if the
state is communicated to the user somehow.

What do you think?

I do not see any consistent behavior. It could mean one of the following:

order by:

<Genre> than <Artist> (in reverse order) than <Album>
<Genre> than <Album> than <Artist>
<Genre> than <Album> than <Artist> (in reverse order)

or as you suggested:

<Genre> than <Artist> than <Album>
<Artist> than <Genre> than <Album>

Any more ideas?