Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Classical Music or Audiobooks on Rhythmbox

At 4:12p -0400 on Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Viktor Kojouharov wrote:
> Shouldn't a good 'ol playlist cover everything that is not already
> covered by the browser view?

Eh, perhaps.  But this particular behavior is something I pretty much
expect from a spreadsheet format of data.  Call me crazy, but I'm used
to the Excel/Calc feature that lets me order and sub-order result sets.
 I'm also in the DB field, and this style of organization (and many
others) is a "freebie" with SQL.

> I mean, there will always be some type of view that cannot be
> displayed by the browser, but you can lay out your songs anyway
> you want with a playlist

At some point, you are of course correct; there will always be something
that can't be displayed, but I do not think this is it.  I usually want
this feature when the song is not in my instant recall, when I can't
think of the title or artist.  I do know that I can narrow it down via
the genre (or something), but that's all I've got.

Currently, I either end up remembering the song title, or am able to
narrow it down via a combination of the Search: and some other criteria.

Kevin