Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Classical Music or Audiobooks on Rhythmbox

Kevin Hunter wrote:
At 4:22p -0400 on Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Sol wrote:
As far as user interface, I think a single click would update the
current result set (i.e. Click on Artist to order by artist, then click
on Genre to sub-order by <Artist, Genre>)
So when I first decide to order by Artist and then change my mind and
want to order (not sub-order) by Genre, how would that still work?

Sorry, I didn't finish that thought, did I?  (distracting neighbor!)

Single-click -> If already sorted by some criteria, suborder results.
click-twice -> reverse suborder the results

click-thrice -> Column becomes new total-viewable-list ordering

So sometimes (depending on the state of a big state machine) I need up to 3 clicks to order by a particular criteria, right? Is there a concise way of communicate that state back to the user?

One more point. What exactly would be the result of clicking, in this particular order, one after another, <Genre>, <Artist>, <Album>, <Artist>?