Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox changes files to mp3 when transferring to a digital music player

Jesse,

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 19:37 +0000, Peter wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jesse Avilés <jesseaviles gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Can this behavior be changed somewhere?  I use the Sansa Clip which is
> > able to play ogg files natively and is the format in which I encode my
> > ripped music.  However, when using Rhythmbox to transfer files to the
> > Clip, these are converted to mp3.  If I transfer from Nautilus, there is
> > no conversion of the files so this conversion is performed by Rhythmbox.
>
> RB is being helpful and transcoding your ogg files into mp3, because
> it doesn't know your player can cope with ogg files.  You need to
> create a file called .is_audio_player in the root folder of the device
> to tell RB this.  See the FAQ for details,
> http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ

I have a Sansa Clip. Unfortunately, though, I forgot to bring with me a
mini-USB cable when I went home for christmas. If you send me a reminder
in January, I'll be happy to send you my .is_audio_player file.