Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox changes files to mp3 when transferring to a digital music player

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jesse Avilés <jesseaviles gmail com> wrote:

> Can this behavior be changed somewhere?  I use the Sansa Clip which is
> able to play ogg files natively and is the format in which I encode my
> ripped music.  However, when using Rhythmbox to transfer files to the
> Clip, these are converted to mp3.  If I transfer from Nautilus, there is
> no conversion of the files so this conversion is performed by Rhythmbox.

RB is being helpful and transcoding your ogg files into mp3, because
it doesn't know your player can cope with ogg files.  You need to
create a file called .is_audio_player in the root folder of the device
to tell RB this.  See the FAQ for details,
http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ

Peter