Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Summer of Code Proposal: A predictive playback plugin for Rhythmbox

You might consider checking out IMMS (http://www.luminal.org/wiki/index.php/IMMS/IMMS). It is not exactly the same thing, but it does incorporate some of the same ideas, such as using signal analysis to determine similarity and choose songs based on your current listening mood. As an aside, I've always wondered why a Rhythmbox plugin never appeared for IMMS. As someone who listens to a lot of shuffled playlists, it is something I would like to see. Unfortunately I don't currently have the programming know-how to do it. :-(