[Rhythmbox-devel] Summer of Code Proposal: A predictive playback plugin for Rhythmbox

Hi all,

I'm a last-minute applicant to Summer of Code, and I'd like to draw a bit of attention towards my proposal.  I already got some great advice about my proposal on the gnome-love irc channel, but since the project is Rhythmbox-specific I thought I would mention it here.

I am interested in developing a predictive playback plugin for Rhythmbox.  Based on a combination of music feature extraction (such as beat) and id3 tag information, the plugin would detect which songs are most similar to the song or set of songs currently selected.  The songs that meet a to-be-determined similarity threshold would be added to the play queue, and the result would be similar to random playback, but somewhat less random.  An example of a situation where this would be useful is at a party, where you might want to randomly play through your music collection, but you only want songs that are upbeat and "danceable".

My detailed proposal can be found here.

I realize that the SOC application process is very competitive, and I apologize for being so late to the party.  Would there be any interest in this project?  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve my proposal and get it noticed?  Thank you,

Charlotte

P.S. I apologize if this is double-posted to this list, but I realized that my message would probably not go through if I didn't subscribe, or at least not before Monday's Summer of Code deadline.