Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Source list layout

Il giorno mar, 24/10/2006 alle 23.29 +1000, James Livingston ha scritto:
> On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 17:28 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > I suppose that users can't select categories items (Library, Store,
> > Playlist), or, better, implementing them as plain cell items we have a
> > void action clicking on it. So should we prevent the click/selection
> > action or should we use the Expander cell renderer and expand the
> > category on clic? What should do a well behaving GNOME application?
>
> For some groups, selecting the group itself may make sense; e.g. a
> "combined shares" view which shows you all tracks from all connected
> shares. For others, it may not make sense.
>
> I think that if they aren't selectable, we should have a visual
> indication of that, e.g. like something from one of Kris' mockups.

Yeah, the Kris's cairo mockup is very sexy (while I'm not sure about
playing area). Just, don't forget a11y!

Of course I don't know what you should exactly remember :-)
But every non standard implementation (i.e. using a custom widget)
should be checked with a11y themes (high/low contrast), keyboard
navigability, and speech/braille output.