Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Source list layout

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 17:28 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> I suppose that users can't select categories items (Library, Store,
> Playlist), or, better, implementing them as plain cell items we have a
> void action clicking on it. So should we prevent the click/selection
> action or should we use the Expander cell renderer and expand the
> category on clic? What should do a well behaving GNOME application?

For some groups, selecting the group itself may make sense; e.g. a
"combined shares" view which shows you all tracks from all connected
shares. For others, it may not make sense.

I think that if they aren't selectable, we should have a visual
indication of that, e.g. like something from one of Kris' mockups.

> Next, we need at least 4 categories, Library, Devices, Store (only
> Magnatune by now....) Playlists. Where should be placed music share?
> Under Library (Library->Foo's music), under Music (Library->Music->Foo's
> Music) or should we add a fifth category, Shares?
> (I'm for Shares category)

The patch has support for arbitary groups, and puts DAAP shares under
"Shares", I just didn't have any on my network when I took the
screenshots.

> Play Queue. Under Library or under Playlists? (I'm for Playlists, it's a
> list of stuff to play....)

Not really sure.

> PS what about folders of playlists?

The only difficult bit of this would be getting drag-and-drop
reorder/move right.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Every fleeting thought you've ever had in your life, no matter how
bizarre, is someone's lifelong obsession. And he has a website. --