Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Choose output sound card

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 12:05 +0200, Stefan Schwandter wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the pointer. And after looking a bit closer at the Gnome
> "Audio" Control panel applet in Fedora Core 6 (gnome 2.16), I saw that
> in fact you can already select a default output device there, even an
> extra one for "Music & Films". :-) Very nice!
>
> Only that rhythmbox 0.9.5 doesn't respect the "Music & Films" setting...
> Is this already fixed in higher versions? If not, that would be cool!

I hadn't noticed that before, but it just sets a different GConf
key: /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink

GStreamer's "gconfaudiosink" element now had a "profile" property which
we can use to select that, and I've attached a trivial patch to the bug.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Two decades later, hacker Henry Spencer described the Perl scripting
language as a "Swiss-Army chainsaw", intending to convey his evaluation