Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Transcoding while streaming to iTunes?

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 10:46 -0400, Craig S. Kaplan wrote:
> Is it not possible to transcode to disk and then stream from there?
> Obviously, I wouldn't mind all my clients keeping around a small
> working set of transcoded files as overhead on top of 50GB of music.
> Actually, I wouldn't really mind doing that in memory either.  I
> just stuck in an extra 512MB -- I have to use it for something.

That's one option, and I think Banshee does that for transcoded-for-ipod
files. Calling them "._ORGININAL_NAME.mp3" or something.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong. -- H. L. Mencken