Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Can rb copy OGG files onto ipods and mp3 players?

Le mardi 17 octobre 2006 �3:20 +0000, Karsten Schmiedecke a �it :
> I have figured that 96kbps seems to be sufficient for listening with
> earphones on the bus/underground/train/etc. So I wrote a bash script
> that has evolved into deciding the current format, recoding - and even
> setting an ID3 Tag! It has defined input and output directories and
> expects folders (I usually put whole albums on my player) which I just
> symlink from my music library.

Fwiw, all of that should be easily doable using gst-launch, something
like
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=xxx ! id3demux ! mad ! lame XXXX !
id3v2mux ! xingmux ! filesink location=xxx

The lame XXXX should be replaced with the appropriate parameters to get
the encoding bitrate you want (I don't remember it offhand). And the
pipeline probably needs fixing here and there to fix typos/missing
elements ;)

Christophe