Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] play queue

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:19:10PM +0300, Dmitry Golubev wrote:

> as for being or not being a queue, there is always a default action taken when
> an item leaves the queue, in your case it is drop. in case of a replay, it
> can be added at the bottom, in case of replay with shuffle, it can be added
> randomly somewhere in the list (there is no point of queue to be jumping
> around... it is a queue after all). and at the top of the queue you may
> enable to have a grey box with the last played songs (must be optional)

With these options, it behaves exactly like a playlist.  I don't really
see the point of adding them.  What does this allow you to do that you
previously couldn't?

> > DG> it also should be possible to add a song there multiple times just
> > DG> as other players allow this.
> >
> > This is a special case of: http://bugs.gnome.org/145276
>
> may be... is it going to be fixed?

It's a slightly tricky issue, and fixing it doesn't really add much.  It
probably will be fixed eventually, but it's not a priority.  The work I
did on it was mostly done out of curiosity.

> > DG> also it would be useful to have context menu on items in browser
> > DG> menu, so that a list of albums from different artists could be
> > DG> added to the queue in the desired order.
> >
> > See patch at: http://bugs.gnome.org/329949
>
> is it going to be included in later versions?

If someone finishes it up, yes.