Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Couldn't RB be more DAAP friendly?

On 10/10/06, James Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
I'm not sure that there is much we can do about it; and as someone else
mentioned, DAAP is much quicker because the server sends us just the
metadata.

Are we talking about import or just loading a pre-imported library? In
the second case, couldn't the metadata be cached locally? I'm not
necessarily saying that should be done [caching brings a bunch of
complexities] but it is a potential solution.

Have fun,
Peter