Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Couldn't RB be more DAAP friendly?

On 10/9/06, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:

> * iPod writing (can't drag directly from daap to ipod, need to first
> copy to the local library)

In theory this should work - I've extracted directly from an audio cd to
a "generic" audio player before. Do you get any kind of error when you
try?

No error, no message on terminal. The tracks just don't copy.

Today I experimented mounting my shared music with NFS and telling RB
to make the mounted directory the source of its library. It's more
functionnal, but then I must upgrade the library manually when adding
songs, because the library change monitoring option causes a very long
stall at startup (the fact that my network is slow wifi doesn't help
here)
So daap is still a better solution for non local libraries.

cheers,
Christophe