Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: equalizer

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 11:56 +0100, Marc O'Morain wrote:
> Is a graphic equaliser not something that should be a stand alone
> application for the Gnome desktop, rather than some GUI just in
> Rhythmbox itself?

Depends what you want to use it for. If you want it for the original use
for equalisers, correcting for the non-perfection in your sound
equipment, then a desktop-wide one makes sense. But if you're worried
about that, you've probably got one in your sounds hardware.

The most common use I've seen for people using a graphical equaliser is
to put more bass in their music, or similar things. If you want to do
that, you probably don't want it to do that to your movies, your voip
session, etc.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue