Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Patches for discussion

On 2/22/06, Joel Duggan <joelduggan gmail com> wrote:
> - The primary location would have the tag {Primary} after the path in
> the listbox.

Why do we need a primary location? Why not just a set of locations? It
seems to me that in this context having a primary location may serve
to confuse users. At least the UI you suggest does not indicate how
the primary location differs from the others, so as a user I wouldn't
really know what the consequences of "Make primary" would be or why I
would want to do it. So it seems to be a feature in search of
motivation, rather than the other way around.

> - Watched locations would have the tag {Watched} after the path in the listbox.
> Buttons Uses:
> Add - Add a directory with options to watch and/or make primary in same dialog.
> Remove - remove selected path from list (if primary is removed pick
> first in list to be new primary)

Fair enough.

> Edit - dialog to edit path and watch option of selected path.

Could just make the entries editable in-line.

> Make Primary - Makes selected path the primary library location.

Wouldn't be needed without a primary location, obviously.

Just my 2 (Canuck) cents :)

Have fun,

Peter