Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Random song choice

On 12/17/06, Alex Lancaster <alexl users sourceforge net> wrote:
There are several "random" modes in rhythmbox, you might want to check
if you are using "shuffle" (sampling without replacement) or a true
random (sampling with replacement), you can check the play_order gconf
key:

/apps/rhythmbox/state/play_order

in the gconf-editor, the legal values are: "linear", "shuffle",
"random-equal-weights", "random-by-age", "random-by-rating".

AFAIK shuffle should not repeat any song within the same session.

Ok, this is good to know. However, it seems to me like none of the
modes should play the same song twice in a row unless the playlist is
only 1 song long. I can't think of a situation where that's really
desired.

Have fun,
Peter