[Rhythmbox-devel] [Fwd: Re: Random song choice]

second send, this time to the list... ;)

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 21:50 -0800, Alex Lancaster wrote:

> [...]
>
> JD> Alex, can you expand a little on each of these choices?  With the
> JD> shuffle' button, I only notice a toggle between "linear" and
> JD> "shuffle".  How are the other three used?  Should this be a config
> JD> option in the RB Preferences dialog?  Just my two cents.
>
> Yes, it needs to be option somewhere in the UI (probably not in the
> Preferences), see my followup to John Russell and
> http://bugs.gnome.org/163196

how about a pop-up menu where you can toggle between the options when
you right-click the shuffle button? So that it's fairly easy to find
when describing to a novice user who asks for it, easily accessible for
anyone who may want to change it frequently and still not cluttering up
the UI, or prefs dialog. I thought about shift-click on the shuffle
butteon, but that would't really give feedback.

Speaking of shuffle, has any progress been made or just passed me by on
the subject of Album Shuffle where an Album, rather than a single song
is selected randomly and then played in sequential order?

-karsten

--
"Well, Gentoo is not for the faint of heart when it comes to
installation and configuration; but once it is set up, Gentoo's Portage