Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post 0.9.4 UI stuff

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:34:41 +1000
"James \"Doc\" Livingston" <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:

> What if we made the toolbar button switch between those modes, and the
> menu just select which play order to use for random mode? It would
> mean that we couldn't really have both "linear" and "linear-loop" in
> the UI.
>

> Cheers,
>
> James "Doc" Livingston

That's a really interesting idea, and I like it quite a bit. One thought
about repeating since your suggestion would make it impossible to choose
either linear loop or repeat single track. How about making a context
menu checkbox "repeat this song" or something similar that would only
be active for the currently playing song. If it was checked then the
currently playing info would like something like:
"Current Song (Repeat) by Artist from Album"
Which would allow it to be quickly visible in the ui and elsewhere. When
the user chooses another song then the checkbox would automatically be
deselected. Although it would probably be more complicated this could
be extended to albums as well, so that right-clicking the currently
playing album would let you choose "repeat this album". This could be
shown in the info box similarly as it is for single songs.

James