Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audio File Conversion

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 00:25 +1000, Hugh Evans wrote:
> Now that you have python plugin support I would love to see
> SoundConverter merged into a Rhythmbox plugin.
>
> <snip>
>
> scratch, however SoundConverter's features and interface are very
> good.

Current CVS already has code to transcoding (converting to different
formats) as it's needed to support copying track to portable audio
players. However what we need is a plugin that provides a user interface
for it.

If any of the SoundConverter developers, or anyone else, wants to work
on this, let us know - we've happy to help people understand how RB
works.

Most of the work will be designing the UI, and figuring out how
everything should work. This means that whoever wanted to work on this
would necessarily have to be able to code, if they provided a good set
of glade UI files it should be easy enough for someone else to do the
small amount of coding required.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"This array has no size, and that's bad" -- MPW C error message