Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post 0.9.4 UI stuff

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 12:31 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Le lundi 17 avril 2006 à 13:52 +1000, James "Doc" Livingston a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 18:12 -0500, James Kern wrote:
> > > I'd also really like to see this added, since it would be great to be
> > > able to choose the other play orders. One thing I'm wondering about
> > > though is how the UI would show what play order is selected. It seems
> > > obtrusive to have to click on a icon to see a menu that will tell
> > > you, or even worse go into a submenu to find out.
> >
> > That's the big thing that you lose with the current version of the
> > patch: the ability to see what the play order is with a glance.
>
> Isn't it the kind of things that people will set to their liking once
> and for all, and then all that matters is if the play order is "normal"
> or "random" (using whichever algorithm the user prefers)?

The current incarnation of the patch makes you use the menu to switch
between "normal" and "random" which probably isn't that great.

What if we made the toolbar button switch between those modes, and the
menu just select which play order to use for random mode? It would mean
that we couldn't really have both "linear" and "linear-loop" in the UI.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. However, a large