Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Automatic Playlist UI work

Le jeudi 21 avril 2005 à 17:13 +1000, James Livingston a écrit :
> G'day everyone,
>
> Yet another update for people to look at, and a question to the people
> who have a better understand of Rhythmbox's internals than me. Also I've
> chucked a screenshot up for anyone who is interested at
> http://ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/rhythmbox-autoplaylistwork-patch5.png
> which shows me using Playcount, Durantion and the "at most" operator
> (the song of length 2:24 isn't there, but the 4:31 song is).

"in decending order" should be "in deScending order" I think
It would rock to have a single spin button handling both minutes and
seconds ;)

> On to my development question: the library supports sorting by storing
> the preference in a gconf key, it would be fairly trivial to let
> playlists do the same by storing their sort order in a key based on the
> playlists id. The other option is to add to the EntryView to take a
> playlist id as well as the name of a gconf key, and if the key name is
> set to null use the playlist id (assuming it isn't set to null) and have
> some code parallel to the gconf code dealing with storing it in the
> playlist definition.
>
> I'm favouring the latter, because it keeps the playlist info together
> and doesn't go around polluting the gconf database, but it will be more
> difficult the the couple of lines of code the former would be. Which do
> you guys think is the best?

Actually I don't understand fully your latter proposal (it's probably
obvious when one looks at the code ;), isn't it possible to store the
sort order in the playlist xml file, and skip the gconf key altogether?
Thinking about portable media players and such, the sort order should
probably be totally abstracted away (ie playlist parsers also get the
sort order in whatever way they want, and they create a new playlist and
tell it what sort order to use). Dunno if that's easy to do though ;)

Hope that helps,

Christophe