Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Interface Ideas

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 19:40 +0200, Jacob Emcken wrote:
> I like to create a playlist (ie. to later burn on a CD to bring to a
> party) and I want to be able to se my playlist and my libary at the same
> time. For all the same reasons as the queue... like I don't like having
> to shift back and forth between the libary and my playlist. When I want
> to add songs or rearange them on the playlist.
>
> This function would be much more flexible it it was implemented on the
> music source level rater than limited to the "queue list"-functionality.
> Hope I made myself understandable.

While this sounds nice, I can't think of a decent UI for it. The only
one I can think of that is easily discoverable would be to have a menu
(either in the main UI, or somewhere in the menu bar). I don't know that
adding yet another possibility to the competition for main UI space is
good, and putting it in the main menu seems "out of the way" for
something that is supposed to reduce changing back and forth.

That's only my opinion though (especially the second point), and I'm
sure someone will disagree with me, or (even better) come up with a
better idea.

> Another thing I would like is the functionality to specify on the queue
> which source to use when the queue becomes empty (like playlists instead
> of the libary).

Once empty it should revert to playing from whatever source was selected
before the queue took priority (which is the library if you play from
the queue on startup).

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Unix Mercenary - We're not happy until you're not happy