Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox GDesklet

On 11 Sep 2003 09:49:33 +0200
Christophe Fergeau <teuf@gnome.org> wrote:

> you can use a bonobo-activation query where you test whether _active
> is true or false (see
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/bonobo-activation/query-syntax.html).
> I can try to write the correct query this evening (evening == 18:00
> UTC) if you want.

I thought that _active might be the key here, but I guess I just don't
grok the syntax. If you would please write the query, I would be much
obliged.

> > Second, does anyone know what might cause the second?
>
> If you have a reference to a Bonobo object corresponding to the old
> rhythmbox, it won't work with the new rhythmbox process, you need to
> acquire a new one, ie you need to detect one way or another that the
> old reference you have is no longer valid. The various RPC calls will
> probably fail if you are using the old Bonobo object, so in that case
> you should be able to try to get a new reference.

If a call to read the title fails for any reason, I throw out the old
reference. That's about the best I can do at the moment.

-- Ted

PGP signature