Re: [Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again

>>If its a popup, could you not force it to show for x amount of seconds
>>then hide again?
> Yep.

While I do see that this is good enough for Rhythmbox, since it will
most likely only run when the user is using the computer. And it's pure
information.

However, if the application is trying to notify the user because it
needs him to do something, then I don't think balloon tips that
auto-hide is a very good idea.

Just my .2 :)

Has there been any thought to implementing a desktop-wide notification
system ?

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
CoreTrek A/S