[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox GDesklet

I got bored earlier and decided to make a simple desklet that would show
the currently playing song. After a bit of work, I managed to get it. I
even added the ability to configure the fonts. (Had to copy that from
another desklet, the tutorial didn't cover it.)

There is a known issue in that it seems to ignore my default
configuration settings, so it will initially display in a smallish black font.

You can get it at:

http://www.surreality.us/Install_Rhythmbox_Sensor.bin
http://www.surreality.us/rhythmbox.display

And a sceenshot of what it looks like on my desktop (several other
desklets, too):

http://www.surreality.us/Screenshot-16.png

This requires the gnome bindings for python, but besides that, shouldn't
require anything that gdesklets itself doesn't.

At some point, I'd like to add interactivity, like play/pause, song skip
controls. I'd also like to add a clickable rating display. These are all
things that are waiting on three things:

 1- Support from the CORBA interface to RB.
 2- My ability to code such things into it, currently the interactivity
stuff is missing from the tutorial.
 3- My ability to procure nice graphics for such.

--
Theodore Reed (Rizen) -- http://www.surreality.us/
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred!

Quote of the moment:
  "For Holy People, however it runs, Endeth in wholly slave." -- Rudyard
Kipling

PGP signature