Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox GDesklet

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:01:24 -0500 (CDT)
Douglas McMorris <douglas@d-mak.sytes.com> wrote:

> look at other sensors.... the xmms sensor/display would be of
> particular interest to you.  I looked at it and it seems to be fairly
> simple.  I had started to code a sensor that used the command-line
> interface to rb thats in 0.5.3, but it was gonna be too cpu intensive.
>  I was basing it off of
> the xmms sensor/display.

Yeah, I've figured out the basics of interactivity now.

> >  3- My ability to procure nice graphics for such.
>
> Get to know Jimmac :).  If you are interested in looking up
> artist/album images... this would be very cool... I believe theres an
> open api for doing this with amazon.com's album images.  You might do
> some googling and see what you find.
>
> Other than that. Use other open source gfx, from various icons themes.
>  Be
> sure and get permission of course, but this may be your easiest rout.
>
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php3?ikony=25
>
> some of these might interest you...

Unfortunately, nothing much good can come if I can't sort out these
bonobo issues. If I start gdesklets before I start RB, it hangs,
presumably trying to connect to RB. python-gnome has no documentation
for me to consult on the topic.

-- Ted

PGP signature