Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

tis 2003-05-13 klockan 10.21 skrev Luca Ferretti:
> Il lun, 2003-05-12 alle 12:57, Mark ha scritto:
> > > The downside of it is, that it adds some visual noise:
> > > http://server204.serverflex.de/Screenshots/rhythmbox-meta2.png
> > > I'm undecided weither I like this better or not.
> >

> > This totally gets my vote. The hide/reveal arrow just makes so much
> > sense for the browser. And I've changed my mind about the meta-button,
> > If we can pull off having text in it then this is a major advantage.
> >
> > Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I really can't find anything
> > wrong with this. Someone want to check it against the HIG?
>
> /me do it.
>
>       * All buttons should have label and accelerator --> :-(

Not 'toolbar' buttons..

>       * volume button is crack: it works like volume-applet, but it
>         isn't an applet, it's a button, so it should work as all other
>         buttons --> remove it and use a slider?

Two sliders next to each other? Nah.. messy.. but since it's the same
icon as the volume applet (which is there by default, right) I don't
think it should be much of a problem. Plus, the user will find out
immediately when exploring anyway.

>       * Single column lists should have header only if "user may wish to
>         re-order the list" :-| and all lists should have a label (above
>         or left) with an access key to focus list :-@ --> I think can we
>         break this guidelines (it's dialog window design, someone should
>         talk about it with HIG writers)

Well I think we should definetely use headers..

>       * sliders should have a label as above

The seek one does have a time label beneath it.. maybe we need more..
but I think this is pretty clear. I mean, the slider starts moving when
you paly the song so..

> Personal taste:
>       * move shuffle repeat to right, so you can use label (to left) to
>         show menu item's tooltips

Yea, but the text should really be under the view because that's where
it belongs :(

But you have a good point here.. hmm.. maybe move shuffle/repeat back to
the toolabr after all if we decide not to have a meta button..